Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No read permission error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a large database that I want to compress. When I attempt to compact the database, I get an error message that I have no read permission. I have other databases that have the same security settings but do not give me this error. Where should I look for the solution to this problem?

Check the article, "ACC97: "No Read Permission on..." Error After Compacting Database" at
You may want to try the Jetcomp utility. It can often compact/repair databaes that Access cannot. Information about Jetcomp is available at
Terry L. Broadbent
Life would be easier if I had the source code. -Anonymous

I also had this problem.
Create a new database.
Open the database you are unable to compact while holding the shift key down to disable any autoexec macros from running etc
On the File Menu bar select Tools, Options and then on the view tab select show System Objects.
In the new database goto File, Get External data, Import
Select all queries, forms, reports, macros and modules
Select all tables and then deselect the hidden tables which you can now see using Ctrl key (i.e. MSysModules2 etc)
Now hit the OK button on the Import Dialog box
Exit this new database and then compact it as normal.

I had tried using the Q170696 MKB article, pulling my hair out and the downloaded Jetcomp.exe utility to no avail before this.

To leave things as were On the File Menu bar select Tools, Options and then on the view tab deselect show System Objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back