Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No public folders in OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

clancyfan

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2004
CA
Hello,

Currently public folders are accessble no problems from all Outlook clients. However when a user logs in via Outlook Web Access, an error message appers "The item cannot be found. It may have been deleted" and although the user can access all their specific info like email, contacts, calender etc, there are no public folders.

Close, but not quite. I am not using the fqdn to access the server, and when I try to, as suggested by the article mentioned, it still doesn't work. When I use the URL:

The standard page not found error appears. If it makes a difference the logoff button also doesn't work. It brings up the page not found error as well.

I also have another Windows 2000 server running as a test box with Exchange 2000 that does the exact same thing on a fresh install.

Figure this one out. My Exchange Server Web Access site in IIS was missing the virtual directory for the public folders. Once added back in, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back