Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Properties on EPO - plse help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin211

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2005
AT
Hi!

We have the EPO Server 3.5.596 in our Company and i have a lot of troubles - in the epo-orchestrator is on many computers in the properties-section nothing shown - except the last update in the system information - but nothing else! the strange think: everything works on this computer...i can click send props, reactivate the agent, reinstall the agent...nothing will show up the properties! have anyone a idea what to do? i need urgent help

thanks in advance!

ps: sorry if my english is not as well as it should be - i hope you understand what is my problem

Are you using AV8.0i? If so have you deployed patch 10 to it? This can cause similar problems.

yes - av8.0i with patch 10 - is there any solution known?

Ok, run regedit on one of the pc's and look for the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000]

"Plugin Flag"=dword:00000000

If the plugin flag is set to "8", change it to "0" as in my example.

Restart the framework service on the pc and then run a send / recieve. Check the Pc's details in ePO and you should have all teh info now.

Alternatively, NAI did release a hotfix which u can roll out from ePO to solve this. Do the first part and let me know how you get on. We can then go from there.

hi!

on the system is the plugin flag 0 - so i didnt change anything.
which hotfix is this? where can i get the update?thank you for your help!

Looks like they stopped offering the hotfix. Try downloading the latest AV install kit which includes patch 10 and reinstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back