Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No prompt to mount second tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drolaw

MIS
Jun 26, 2001
After upgrading to Win2000 I no longer get a prompt to mount another tape to finish my backups. I have to manually change out my DLT tapes as I do not have a tape loader. I currently have a Win2000 SP1 OS with Arc Serve 6.6.1 with build 834.

Before I upgraded my server to Win2000 I would always get a prompt to load another tape in my DLT drive. Once I changed out the tape and hit the ok button the backup job would continue.

Now I no longer get that prompt but in the backup log it does mention that I need another tape loaded.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Ohhh, an easy one.

Your Arcserve buildis NOT SUPPORTED on Windows 2000.
Always check the support matrix before you upgrade.
You'll be downgrading the OS, or more likely, upgrading Arcserve.

You need to be at build 897 for Arcserve to support 2000.

I don't see a patch to get you there, you'll be calling your CA rep. for more info... Maybe not a GA patch, or for a different stratification of the Arcserve product (ASO?).
Let me know how it goes, jimpames@hotmail.com
Regards,
Jim P. Ames

Wow, that sounds easy enough. Thanks for your input. Looks like I'll be working this weekend to get build 897 installed on my server.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back