Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no post beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I recently bought a amd athlon xp 2100+ barebones motherboard with a sis730 chipset from "PCCHIPS" I have a amd xp 1700+ cpu,512 pc133mhz mem modules, and 80 gig HHD.To make a long story short I get no post beeps whatsoever when I put it all together.I took the mem out and then tried so I should have at least gotten a no memory post error.Right? I also tried without the cpu installed.I took everything out and installed agian. ACK! nothing.Anyone out there ever had to deal with this?
Thanks
STumped

HI RAVEN1,

Though I am busy as a beaver this morning, I could not resist giving a quick search on google.com for "checking nvram." It came back with only 2600 references! Two right near the top seemed especially appropriate as the referred to your exact motherboard!

It usually pays to use a good search engine to see if you are not alone in your trials. Google is about the best I have found.

Hope this helps, but my previous comments regarding matching memory RAM speed to motherboard is still worth checking.

Good luck.

GrandpCarl

Just to cover some more basics, have you replace your CMOS battery or checked if BIOS has POST enabled.

I put in a differant video card and it booted right up! so I guess it didnt like my vid card.So I have gone past "checking nvram" and installed w2kpro nad everything is running smooth.As for that 256 of ram I tried to put in I remeber now that I was going to use it to upgrade my mothers pc.But when I had everything in it said...no signal check cabling on the monitor.When I put her mem stick back in it booted right up.So at the time I asssumed her pc wasn't compatible with pc133mhz.It never occured to me that the chip was bad seems how I never even took it out of the package till that day.And then trying to use in my PCchips MB.Same kind of error.Except no post and no video.I guess I will see if I can get my money or exchange.Its a simpletech from costco so I don't know if that mattters or not.
I want to thank everyone that helped me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back