Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no ping voip card to card

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPEXE

Technical User
Jan 15, 2012
IN
Dear All,
We have two locations connected over VPN where two voip devices are working one network is 192.168.1.0 and other 192.168.2.0
voip 1 -192.168.1.202
voip 2-192.168.2.202

both IPs are able to ping from PC in both network but when I try to ping each other through their telnet they are not able to ping

I am able to ping local ips through telnet of each device but not other location ips any help appriciated.

can you ping a phone in the 192.168.1.0 network from a PC in the 192.168.2.0 network?

If yes then it is not a routing issue if no then your phone devices have most likely no default gateway assigned or the wrong one.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Yes from PC,ping is working. Gateways also confirmed with IT person they are right.

maybe there is an access control list ACL setup in a switch but unlikely to be honest.

No further ideas I am afraid.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back