Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Page File found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2001
US
When booting up one of my users got the error that no page file can be found, or is too small. After the continued login, we go to the page file and set the proper MB and click set. As soon as you log back into the system, the page file comes back again. We then swapped out the hard drive to test it in another computer, this time it wouldn't boot at all, and gave us .dll errors. We put BOTH hard drives into the system and no matter which one you boot off of, the Page file error returns. There is no performance problem until we try something intense (MS Project, ORacle etc.), then they shutdown the system, and on reboot THE ERROR IS BACK!!
Going Nuts in MD

I really need help, and of course I think it is a virus, but we have scanned up to date with yesterdays pattern files, so unless it's new, it isn't a virus.

A gee whiz fact. We changed the permissions in security on the C: drive to not allow everyone access. We left it with on only the local user having permission. Well I guess this allows the local user to NOT write to their page file. Wow, that was a weird one.
Thanks, and now you know the rest of the story

I encountered the same problem. In order to resolve, add the use System tp the root directory (c: drive) and grant System full access... Get the Best Answers! faq333-2924
Is this an asp FAQ? faq333-3048
Tek-Tips Best Practices: FAQ183-3179
mikewolf@tst-us.com (Do not email regarding this thread unless requested - I don't check this account regularly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back