Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No output to printer from CRViewer(8.5) in VB App 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruairi

Programmer
May 14, 2000
US
I have a visual basic application that prints reports from a SQL Server 2000 DB using Crystal Reports 8.5 Viewers. All Of the reports come up in the preview window correctly but only one of them actually prints to the printer. When the built in functionality of the print button wasn't working i tried explicitly calling the Report.Printout and CRViewer.PrintReport methods. Neither of these approaches worked either. THe Dialog box asking how many copies to print does come up with any of the methods but no printer output. Hopefully someone else has seen a similar situation and can advise me.
TIA Ruairi

Could your manufacturing facility benefit from real time process monitoring? Would you like your employees to be able to see up to the minute goal and actual production?
For innovative, low cost solutions check out my website.

Hi Ruairi, I have the same problem, and haven't been able to find an answer from support or anywhere else. Have you been able to resolve it? Thanks, Joe

What is the default printer set up in the design of the report? Is it a valid printer? Brian J. Alves
Terrier Consulting, Inc.
Email: brian.alves@worldnet.att.net
VB / Crystal / SQLServer

Yes, its the default printer that I can use from other apps without a problem. Another strange fact is that if I save the report from the RDC as an .rpt and preview it from crystal reports , it prints fine. Thanks for any insights. Joe

joeenglert,
I was able to resolve the issue and the problem was the one that i think brian is getting at with his question. If i right clicked in the designer to bring up the context menu and chose 'Printer Setup' from the 'Designer' submenu the 'No Printer' checkbox was selected. I originally saved the report on a computer with no default printer. Once that checkbox is set you have to clear it and select a default printer(after this it should work with any printer, not just the one you choose) to fix the problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response Brian.
Ruairi

Could your manufacturing facility benefit from real time process monitoring? Would you like your employees to be able to see up to the minute goal and actual production?
For innovative, low cost solutions check out my website.

I've had this same problem in Version 8. After checking the Crystal Self Serve Care on CrystalDecisions.com I found that you might have to change the paper type to plain. This fixed my printing problems.

Jeremy

Hi I have a problem about printing the report after viewing it in the Crystal Enterise 8.5(e-portfolio) .It is not printing with the default printer setup which was setup in the crystal Designer.
Any help will be appreciated..
Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back