Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Outgoing email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotblacktar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
windows NT 4 SP 6a Exchange 5.5

I cannot send mail but I can receive.

The event log state

ID 4026 Unable to bind outbound tcp/ip socket.

Anyone have this problem

Help!!!!

If SP6a were not refreshed after any network conponents were installed (or reinstalled) it can cause TCP/IP issues.
Hope this helps,
Dana

Thanks. It seems to be a generic error code message. I restarted the server and the IMC queue cleared right up.

Thanks.

I realize that this pertains to an old post, but we've got this same problem with Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on a windows 2000 sp3 server. We can go for months without this happening (approximately three months) then messages start piling up in the IMC outbound queue. The app log shows event id 4026 unable to bind to outbound tcp/ip socket, mail will be sent later. If I restart the server, the queue clears up. I've got three shifts running 5+ days a week so rebooting exchange, even every three months, is not taken well by my users. I did see something on the web about a proxy server running with exchange on the same box. That's not our case. This server has never had anything relating to a proxy server installed on it, not even the client. I've searched M$ support and eventid.net to no avail. Anyone with suggestions as to where I can start looking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back