Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No outgoing calls when a DID set up at the extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvami

Programmer
Feb 4, 2008
US
Hi, I have an Ip Office 500 with a T1-PRI connected , before set up the DID to the telephones, the outgoing calls work fine, but when I set up with the MSU tool the DID to the extension, I can not dial out if that extension has a DID...if I deleted the DID (for the incoming route) I can dial out.

I have the T1 with line group 0 for incomming and outgoing.

Any idea?

The DID's numbers work fine

Yes

The system is trying to send a CLI that your carrier does not allow and the call id being rejected because of this.

The reason that this is shown when you add a DDI is that the IP office is smart enough to use the DDI as outboundLI for that extension

To fix

1) Add SXXXXXX where XXXXXX is your main number to the system or ARS shortcode used when dialled out
or
2) Contact your carrier and ask them to allow you show your DDI range as CLI if blocked
or
3) reduce the number of digits in your programmed DDI which may or may not resolve your issue (carriers may view toomany or too few digits in the outbound stream as invalid)

of course, being USA based, you may need to tweak the settings a bit

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hi Matt,
In wich part do I need to add the SXXXXXX, at the ARS?
I put then the code 9N and at telephone number the SXXXXXX?

Sc - 9N (or possibly 9N;)
feat - dial
TN - NS<whatever>

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thank you Matt, now is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back