Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO ONE CAN LOG ON 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilebalar

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi, Everyone. I am having login problem with a NT4 (SP 6 installed) station. No one can log onto the machine (not even the admin). I get the following message.

The system can not log you onto this domain because the system's computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect.

I ruled out the 2nd possibility that the password are incorrect (100% sure that they are RIGHT). I pinged the station, there's respond, also, the machine shows up in the list of computer in the domain. What can be wrong? The login script or something???

Thank you very much in advance for your help!!!

Log into the machine as the local administrator (don't forget to select the local computer name in the drop down list). Then remove the machine from the domain (put it in a workgroup), and delete the account in server manager - then wait 15 minutes before adding the machine back into the domain... He who chooses his own path requires no map.

I have the same problem with NT4 workstations logging onto a Windows 2000 server. It happens after either the PC or server is restarted but if you wait and try to log on again after 10 minutes or so it will work. I have no explanation why this keeps happening. It is not just with new computer accounts. The computers have been used on the domain many times and the account is there. It would not be practical to delete and recreate the computer account every time this happens since the problem is so persistent. Are there any explanations or patches for this.

I found 1 MSKB article that solved my problem Q162797. The problem for mine was the trust relationship between the workstation and server failed.

[noeveil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back