Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No 'on-hold' CallerID on 5420 Digital Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwadswor

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
US
We just installed an IPOffice with ~120 stations, and none of the 5420 sets display the caller ID info next to the Call Appearance buttons when the caller is placed on hold.

We then tested this on our in-shop IPO on an older VOIP set, and it worked fine.

Is this a firmware issue, something that can be fixed, or just something the client will have to live with?

Jon

Do you have caller display type toggled on in the extension tab?

It was set to 'off'... what should it be for the 5420's?

Thanks,

Jon

On the extension form, the 'Caller display' was 'Off', and I switched it to 'On', but with the same results.

I have always gotten the caller ID info at the bottom of the screen, just not next to the call appearances...

Any other ideas??

Ideas, yes, you tested it on a VoIP phone and then expected the same on a non-VoIP phone. That's customer thinking, not Avaya thinking.

caller id on the appearance keys works on 2.1 on 2420's
doesn't work on version 3. I relabel these buttons Call 1 Call 2 etc and no one complains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back