Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no OMA in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johng75

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2004
US
good morning everyone, we are currently moving from exchange 2k3 standard, to 2010 enterprise

getting all the 'old ducks in a row' and getting everyone connected and moved over fine. BUT discovered that the OMA function that worked for some on my users on the 2k3 server no longer exists in 2010. i read that it was actually taken away in exchange 2k7?

why would microsoft remove such a diverse tool for mobile users?

do they expect everyone to have a smartphone with the active sync/exchange conduit?

ive just started my searching, and figured id ask here too, is there anything that can be done to get this function back?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

As for an OMA replacement for Exchange Server 2007, the only possible suggestions are POP3/IMAP4. Even that isn't a perfect replacement as it requires an actual mail client."

"If you need this functionality, retain an Exchange 2003 server in your Exchange 2010 organization."

those dirty B@$T@&#$....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

People just weren't using OMA. Many phones on the market support EAS, including the iPhone. You can even get 3rd party agents for Blackberry units to support EAS (instead of BES).

There was, at one time, a third party solution providing some OMA like performance during 2007. But I believe that's gone now as well. Lack of adoption.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back