Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Novell Network with Arcserve r11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austria01

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2006
AT
I am missing the Novell Netware tree at save/restore manager. There are only MS Netork but no Novell Network.
Arcserve is installed on W2003 R2 Server with latest Arcserve r11.5 SP1 and Novell Client 4.91Sp1.

Server path is only accessable at favorits.

Regards
Heinz

As far as I know the NetWare network tree is gone since ARcserve v11.5Sp1. You need to select the NetWare servers through the NetWare Client Agents.
Check the readme of Sp1 for this:

"NetWare Services no longer appear under the Network branch in the Backup and Restore Managers and BrightStor ARCserve Backup only supports Client Agent for NetWare backups when creating NetWare sessions from a BrightStor ARCserve Backup for Windows host".

regards

You need to have the Novell Client32 installed on your Win2K3 server, >and< you have to be *logged in* to your tree.

If you are logged in, using a user with "admin" rights, you should see your NetWare servers in the ARCserve Manager.

The backup/restore manager screens won't have "NetWare Network" under the "Networks" entry, but there should be a "NetWare Systems" entry. Mine is 3rd in the list, below NAS servers and MAC OS X systems. (yes, I'm on 11.5 SP1.)

ShineOn is right, but the "NetWare Systems" entry refers to the NetWare client agents which means that you cannot contact a NetWare server without installing a client agent on it.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back