Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No new WebApp can be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaelle

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
FR
Hello !

I am working with websphere 3.5.4 under solaris 2.8.
Since I installed websphere, I have been able to create many Web Applications using the admin console, following the InfoCenter tutorial.
But now I have a big problem.
When I create an application server like usually, I cannot access to the pages and servlets of its directory :
the server is running, and when I type the page URL, nothing happens, until a timeout.
The stdout.txt file of websphere tells :
A Servlet.has.become.permanently.unavailable.for.service
for different entities (Error Reporting Facility, File Serving Enabler, Auto-Invoker, JSP 1.0 Processor).

Has anybody got any idea for help ?

Thanks,
Gaelle.

Hi,

If a servlet has a problem on loading then this sometimes does not get reported properly. However an error in a servlet can stop the webapp loading correctly. The remedy is to right click on the webapp and select "restart" (ONLY the webapp not the application server). Now try a few different servlets. If some are giving valid responses then use the process of elimination to identify the problem ones. Alternatively set all servlets "autoload=false" and restart the Application Server. This has the effect of only loading the servlets upon request.

Let us know how you got on.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back