Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No More Connections CAL Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduko

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2003
US
Recently upgraded to a Dell P/E 2800 running SBS 2003 and need some advice. Finally got Exchange set up and everythig is going great until a few days ago we see....

"No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept."

We have 11 users so I thought this was a licensing issue. After two weeks of back and forth I finally added to CAL 5 packs. Presto... same problem!

Network shares are set to "maximum" and only certain users cannot access the share. The problem floats around the office and is not specific to any certain machine. I've run out of ideas.

Actually we purchased two 5 packs. So now I have 15 for what it's worth.

From what I've read this all moot since the licensing thingy doesn't actually *do* anything. It just pops up annoying messages.

Bet yes, the additional licenses were added. That was last week- I hoped that over the weekend magical things would happen.

OK, and when are you getting this error. Just want to be sure you are not getting this trying to access the server via RDP.

How many active sessions do you see on the SBS server when you get this message?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

This is the error you get if you try to access the share drive. Just plain old LAN connections- no terminal services or anything like that. If you're the "lucky one" you won't be able to send any interoffice mail either.

The license manager shows 15 licenses and 13 active users.

That's not what I asked for. How many active SESSIONS are showing up?

Right click My Computer. Choose Manage. Expand Shared Folders. Expand Sessions.

See if you have users that have logged in from home that are taking up some of your sessions.

Regards,

Mark

OK, and are you seeing that same number of connections when the users can't access the server?

Are there any errors in the workstation or server event logs that correspond to the problem?

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back