Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No MER MAIL screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

568B

Vendor
Oct 13, 2006
US
Option 11 w/ Mer Mail rls 13. The Mer Mail is up and running fine. However when at the > we type AX, and do not get the MER MAIL screen. What I get is line by line of the mail loading up. All types of background info: PGM 16 LOADED, PGM 17 LOADED, COULD NOT INITIALIZE THE SEER SCB, and on and on. I reset the Mer Mail with no resolve, removed the card for 1 hour with no resolve. It has been in this state for 2 weeks. Again it is working fine, we just can’t talk to the Mer Mail to make any changes.

Do a CNTL-W. Move cursor to MMI and press enter. If there is no MMI and a reboot doesn't cure it, a dummy upgrade might. That is, attempt an upgrade to the same release you are on.

Thanks Hippster, when I select MMI and press enter, there is just a blank screen with the > sign.

Try doing a CTRL-R on the blank screen.
It will do a refresh on the display, that isn't always automatic.

Another thing that caused actions like yours.
Someone logs into TTY2 (as an example, as any TTY can cause it), then goes logs into mail....then walks away without logging out. The Opt11 eventually logs out the TTY port, but Mail is still attached to it, and other TTY ports can't get to mail. Try disabling and reenabling your TTY ports, or try accessing mail through each port (remember the CTRL-R)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back