Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Mail...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumbus

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2006
US
Had a problem with the Exchange Server 2K, earlier this week. It has been Tore down and rebuilt. Still no email coming thru. Up until 20 minutes after the rebuild, we were able to send messages to each other within the domain as well as sending outside of it. But was never able to recieve messages from the outside. Now, we can't do anything.

We have installed the lastest Servie Pack.
We reinstalled the SMTP component.

We can also see all the mail in the Exchange Message Tracking Center.

Any Suggestions?

When you say "We can also see all the mail in the Exchange Message Tracking Center," do you mean incoming mail is in the Tracking Center or outgoing mail?

I don't know if this will help you, but when I search the message tracking system for an email that came to me from the out side I get the following events for the email. Maybe you can see a difference in the delivery path.

Event Time Event
11/27/2006 11:13 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing
11/27/2006 11:13 AM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
11/27/2006 11:13 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer
11/27/2006 11:13 AM SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to me@mydomain.com
11/27/2006 11:13 AM SMTP: Store Driver: Message Delivered Locally to Store to me@mydomain.com

Sometimes it is good to see what other people see on a working system. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back