Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No longer connect with 2k3 TS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zracer03

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
Could use a little help here. I have a Win 2K domain, and about 4 months ago, I built 2 more Citrix servers, but running Windows 2K3. After some work, I finally got them in production and running great. All of a sudden today, people log in and get the standard "To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access permissions on this computer. By default, members of the remote desktop users group have these permissions". Obviously, they have access to everything they need, and nothing changed. The only thing I can think of is some licensing issue all of a sudden. In the event log, it is shooting out errors that it can't find the license server, but they are only warnings. Our DC runs our Terminal Servers licensing and is working fine for other servers. Is there a way to tell if it sees the correct license server? I know I never installed any extra, just assumed the 25 Cals that advanced comes with would be fine. Any help would be great. Us admins cant even log

iv seen this happen with 2k3 standard... Iv never been able to get around it I just used 2k3 enterprize and it has worked fine

Josh Williams

It is enterprise, which is why it has the 25 Cals. Otherwise it would only have 5. I still havent figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back