Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No longer a newbie virgin; wanna check out my brand new site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomph

Technical User
Oct 10, 2000
US
With the help of the generous and patient Virt2001 (thanks Carl!), my site is finally posted! Yea!!!! Will you guys do a sitecheck and tell me what you think? I'm so excited!!! But there is one glitch I don't quite know how to fix: On the contact page, when you click on the email link, it doesn't connect properly. I worked when I built it, but not when posted. I used a 'get URL: mailto:pixelvixen@hotmail.com' link, but I guess that's not right. Any ideas? Thanx!

Boomph

PS - and thanks to all of you nice people who helped me with advice and good wishes thru this process. Thank goodness for these forums!!!

your welcome!!
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Elaina, super great work!
I don't know how much Carl was part of it, but you 2 are definately not virgins anymore!
Keep it up! LOL

;-)ldnewbie

PS: You no longer want to carry those other files?

no thats all her work man i just helped her ftp to the site and get the files up..returning the favor that some old man helped me with one night..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Nice work...sheesh, that had to have taken a lot of time to accomplish, and a lot of work...I've been doing quicky sites lately, I dont really have the organizational skills to do that kind of stuff...sheesh! I love the kitty-napster thing that goes on...lol...and I didn't expect it to start moving like that on me...;) ----------------------------------------
Luke WhiteTiger: "to the rescue!"X-)
Oldnewbie: "Luke, you must first learn to use the force first"

Draw a text-box and in the URL section in the Text-Options panel type mailto:pixelvixen@hotmail.com

That should work.
Otherwise turn the text into a button and use:

on (release){
email = "pixelvixen@hotmail.com";
getURL ("mailto:" + email);
}

You can even set the Subject line and Body content if you want.

(Excellent site by the way!) Live forever or die trying.

I have to say that the site is great. The only problem I have is that, when you press the home button I want to go directly to a finished page. I saw the animation to get to it, and I saw the neat icons drop down to signify the different sections, but I don't want to have to wait for them to drop down again. if you had the "home" button go to the end of the animation on the "home" page it would be better.

otherwise, everything is great!

Boomph, is there any way you could seperate that little artist guy on your 'about' webpage, and have it just as an animation FLA?...I'm starting that graphics repository and I'm trying to get different misc things to show people what I mean...you will get full credit for it, just in the FLA include all you want...if you would...if not, I'll do without.

Sorry if this seems a little inappropriate, but you guys will see why I'm doing this later on...you will have a big graphics/animation/flash repository to grab examples, art, and other things from...with credit of course. ----------------------------------------
Luke WhiteTiger: "to the rescue!"X-)
Oldnewbie: "Luke, you must first learn to use the force first"

thanks for all the feedback! I wasn't sure what the reception would be, since I was shooting for a site with standard navigation but not a standard look. I've been told that the animation gets 'chuggy' in places; I knew that, but figured that it was the style that counted, not necessarily the speed. Does anyone find this a huge flaw, or just a design choice?

Will try the new 'mail to' command and see if it works. My strength is more in the art side than the programming. I bet it's some syntax error or typo.

WhiteTiger (my other nom de plume is Tigress!), I have the little artist guy with a canvas and easel painting ready to go on .fla. Where do you want me to send it to?

And what exactly are Bollocks? ARe they something like buttocks??? ;D (silly American!) But comment noted and I agree with you. I will set the home page without the beginning anim on subsequent visits.

Again, thanks to everybody for all the help!

Sincerely,
Boomph

PS - did everyone find the bouncing chickens?

The animation seemed fine to me but I'm at work with a T1 connection.

Erm...as for bollocks...well I'll say this much. Only males have them, they have two (usually!) and they are ball-shaped. Worked it out yet..? Please don't ask anyone to show you!
Live forever or die trying.

Could you send it to WHITETLG3R@aol.com
That little artist?...

Also, I have to find a good, standard way of importing images into other movies that people have already started...does anyone have a good tip? ----------------------------------------
The Learning process is just a way to get rid of all the stupids in your head.

Now where's that cute little kitten? :-X

oops, not images, FLA's...like that little artist, I need to develop a standard for putting that stuff in there. ----------------------------------------

Sheesh, sorry about this again, but also, the repository is going to hold Flash Desktops..

It's actually been quite cool doing desktops w/ flash...now my thing is getting certian pieces of the puzzle to pop up certian ways, etc... ----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back