Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Long distance calling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskanTech

Technical User
Oct 26, 2022
US
good morning, I am new at all of this PBX stuff, so please "BEAR" with me. I have an old Nortel Meridian 1 PBX.
2 of the lines stopped having the ability to call long distance. I have tried to look up how to re-enable but have not had success yet. Here are the settings that I currently have. the first column is the number that can still call long distance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3d09c777-d137-4c67-84c4-c386b890a775&file=Long_distance_problems.xlsx
NCOS can be used in Barring in a couple of ways

LD 87
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT nctl
NRNG <ncos you want to see or "0 99" for all>

example Print out
NCOS 2

EQA NO
FRL 2
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

The FRL can be used in a couple of ways you can bar calls from using a route list index (LD 86) that routes your calls as the FRL must be Greater than or Equal to the FRL defined on the RLI

example

RLI 180
ELC NO
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 15
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 180
CTBL 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

The other place is the FRL is tied to an FCR (prt/chg LD 49)by the RDB (chg LD 16, prt LD 21)

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 10

towards the bottom you see
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 1
FRL 2 2
FRL 3 3
FRL 4 4
FRL 5 5
FRL 6 6
FRL 7 7