Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no local administrative privledges when I log on to DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezus

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
I am testing a new domain controller using Win2K server and Win2Kpro workstations. It is the only server/domain controller on the network/domain.

when I log onto the domain I dont have local administrator privelidges. How can I log on to the domain and still have administrator access to the local workstation?

What user account are you logging in as, and is it a member of Domain Admins group?

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

If your username is "Administrator" (Domain Administrator) then you become local admin automatically. Otherwise you have to add that domain/username in your PC "User manager" to be a local administrator.

Hi ,

First of all you have to add you account to the administrators group on the local workstation or on the member server .

You have to do the following procedure if Workstation or member server

Add user account to the local administrators group to have full control on the computer or the server .

You don’t have to do anything on DCs

If you need more information just inform me .

Yours
Malbaz
MCSE 2k , CCNP, CIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back