Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No loader section after install of Arcserve 6 for Netware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2003
GB
Hi, I've just upgrade our old Novell 4.11 server to a new box and Novell 6. We were having loads of problems with arcserve previously, so I thought I'd install it again from scratch.

However, when it runs through there is no loader section in the asconfig.ini after the install (despite a message saying it installed successfully). I tried copying the one from my old server but that doesn't work due to the tape device being different. Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to go in the loader section (or tell me why it isn't included after a clean install).

The description of the device in remote manager is:
Adaptec AIC-7892 - Ultra160 SCSI
Slot: 10010

BNCHMARK_DLT1
TID: 3
LUN: 0

Thanks for any help,

Tony

Sorry, it's not arcserve 6 but Arcserve 7 for netware (enterprise edition)

Hi there

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem and I'm at the point of pulling my hair out!

Many Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers

Rob

it's a line in the pfc.ini that you need
i will look it up at work on monday and reply then

Assume that ARCserve home directory is SYS:\ARCserve

CSNLM6=SYS:\ARCserve\NLM\canwpabd CLEAR
Save and close
Edit the astop.ncf as follows:
Locate the line that says UNLOAD ASPIBD.
Go to the end of the line, hit enter to make room to enter a new line below.
Type in UNLOAD CANWPABD, save, and close.
Rename nwaspi so that it will no longer load and remove it from startup or autoexec.ncf.
After the next reboot of server, nwaspi will no longer load and we will use the new .cdm driver.

Guys, please refer to the below URL . Title: E24008 Cannot find loader section
Product: ARCserve
Version: 6.1, 6.6, 7.0, 9.0
Document Number: 19106
Last Updated: July 25, 2003

Problem:
When loading ARCserve you receive E24008 cannot find loader section.

Background:
The ASconfig.ini file was not completed during the install and is missing the Loader section. The Installation is being performed from a workstation with the Novell client version 4.83.

Resolution:

Apply Service Pack 2 or later for Novell's Client 4.83 to the workstation running the Novell client version 4.83. This can be located at

Paranth

Install AS7.0 for Netware from the Workstation running Novell client 4.83 /sp 2 for Netware

Paranth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back