Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no link to ksu

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjcunni2000

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2012
US
Please someon help me. i installed a ip office and have everything working, for the most part. i cant get the cordless phone to work. i am using the 7604e phone. i can get the phone to register and have a port id. the phone keeps coming back with a No Link To KSU error. i cant figure it out. im sure it is something small. the dip switches on the base are in normal mode. i have a straight satin cable from a digital port to the TCM1 port on the wireless base. i need help please!

I don't believe those handsets are supported on the IP Office :)

please dont tell me that, lol. are you sure? the vendor i ordered it from told me they were. i know your right but tell me that you made a mistake? lol

I didn't, but perhaps you did, do you mean the 7406e as oppose to the 7604e :)

yes im sorry. i do mean the 7406e phone. in my fustration i must of typed it incorrect

No worries, you may find it's just an issue with the line cord. Avaya output on the centre pins of the RJ45/RJ11 connection, I believe the Nortel/Nortsar used a different pair, so try making/buying your own lead with the correct pinout :)

dumb question and the pin out is? right now i have a rj11 striaght thru cable. color match up on both sides. does it need to me a cat5e cable instead of a satin cable?

Not being an expert on those handsets I don't know, but I know Nortel/Norstar use a different pair for their phones than Avaya do :)

thanks for you help. comes to be that the 7406e will not work on the digital ports on the ip office. i had to use one of the nortel ports on the system. but thanks for your advice!

Yes the nortel phones need to be on a TCM card or a DS16a or a DS30a
The normal DS8/16 or 30 do not work for those phones.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

When you said TCM port I thought you meant the TCM card, wouldn't be much point in the TCM cards if those handsets work on standard digital ports :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back