Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No License Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell1001

Vendor
Nov 27, 2008
US
Site 1 S8300 & G450
Site 2 S8300 & G430

Both on R5.2

site B has been deliberatly put into LSP mode for a week or so due to issues with the link and site did not want the system rebooting and phones re registering, not ideal i know but thats how it is until the leased line is sorted,

however the main site today all the phones said discovering out of the blue, when dialed in the system was saying 'no license error' and when did display media-gateway said 'no media-gateway registered' could not telnet to gateway and only thing to fix was a reboot of the gateway which involved attending site...

anyone any idea why the main site had these error's it seemed to happen out of the blue the gateway just stopped working and would not respond to a ping

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

perhaps whoever built your license(s) (MAIN & LSP) in RFA used the incorrect gateway for each location. You should check that each system is using the proper gateway serial # for that location, that would explain this issue...

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

any idea how i can check this, i can get the serials of

disp media-gateway but not sure how to check which licenses are associated to which serial

regards

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

i have got the serials off both sites and i also of the license file,

does the license file have any of the serial number in of the site its registered to?? the license file does on this occasion i just wanted to check it is not a coincidence as the last 3 digits of one of the serial is in the license file..

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

If you go into the web browser on each S8300 processor, and go to "maintainance", then click on "license" on the lower left, it will tell you waht Serial # was used for that systems license, if you then click on "serial numbers" you will get the serial # of the gateway the processor is in, these 2 serial numbers MUST match for each location, and each location will be differrent.

you need to have access to AVAYA's "RFA" system to be able to build these licenses, if they are incorrect, you wil lhave to contact AVAYA to swap them and rebuilt the 2 license files for your 2 locations.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

at each site under both sections the serial numbers match but are different according to the site,

but the license file i have which has 2 .lic and 2 .pwd files in them are alomost identicaly named,

does the license file incorperate the serial numbers of the gateway it is against? an somebody explain what this breaks down to

s148550v1m1-100519-152218

Im not sure what is wrong im trying to find out how the MAIN site went into license error mode because at the moment im not sure at all

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

RFA document 100009690

Avaya S8300 Server
Use the information in this section to find the serial number for an S8300 Server.
Hardware

When a S8300 Server is used in a G250, G350, or G700 media gateway, use the serial number
of the DAF1 processor motherboard. The DAF1 serial number is printed on a sticker located on
the back of the media gateway.

Firmware
You can use any one of the following procedures to find the serial number on the S8300 in a
G250, G350 or G700 media gateway:
l From the MGP command line interface; type show system.
l From the S8300 Web interface; click Misc, then Serial Number.
l If a license file has already been loaded on the server, type serialnumber -l from a shell
prompt.

statuslicense -v will show the serialnumber of the licensed ipsi or MG

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

s148550v1m1-100519-152218

SID: 148550 (S148550)
Version 1 (v1)
Module 1 (m1)
license built on May 19th, 2010 (100519), 15:22:18GMT (152218)

The SIDs will be the same if one is a main, and the other is an LSP off it. The main site will be MID:1 (Module ID 1), the LSP will be MID:2 (Module ID 2)

The actual serial #'s of the gateway have NOTHING do do with the naming of the license files. the "SID" is the RFA System ID (SID)

Again the main sites license MUST match ITs gateway, and the LSP's license MUST match ITs gateway.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

yes they do match, i checked that...and have checked everything else, glad to have cleared up that the serial does not make part of the license file name,

however still no closer to finding why this had this error,

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back