Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No License Available on Digital Phone Display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2013
US
Hi all,
I am having serious issue with the IP Office V2 Control unit which is not Applying License.

How issue happens is, I change the V2 Control Unit and replace the SD Card. SD card have all the licenses including Essential Edition.
The same Control Unit is working Fine with the Version 7.0 SD card, but not with the versions higher than 8.0
But I can see all license state is in " Valid ". But I cannot log in to System Status Software it gives me an error " telephony services on ip office have been suspended until a valid software license is installed "

I tried following steps
* reset the System from reset button and make configuration back to default. and applied license back.
* Format and recreate SD Card from Manager Application.
* Reboot system several times.

Does the License depends on the Hardware version of the control unit ? Is there have any solution to get through this issue ?

When you change SD card then you need to use the correct licenses in the config.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I did not change the SD card. I used same SD card with same license, Only thing I did was change the Control Unit Box.
then only I get the license issue. I think this V2 Control unit is few years older. When I plug same SD card to new Control unit all license are getting properly.

You need a valid upgrade licence, the chassis was locked to an older version, you needed to use a new chassis to avoid this :)

Andy, when you plug in the SD card with R7.0 on it then it will put the control unit on that version when it boots.
I think he had a virtual essential edition license and now he doesn't.

BAZINGA!

I know Peter, but he said he has the essential edition licence and it runs fine at R7 but not above R8, his chassis is locked to R7 :)

Supposedly the chassis, before version 8, not blocked until you make the first call. After the version 8, get stuck in the version you've made ​​the call until you have an updated version of the SD CARD license.

I'm not sure, but ......

If you have not made ​​any calls to suffice with update.

If you've made ​​a call, you will need an upgrade license

Regards!
Djmtrar

Amriddle, I think you are correct I think My chassis is locked to R7. I got Permanent License not the Virtual License.
Any Suggestion to get through this matter ?

Nothing is Impossible. Just try Always.

Yes, by downgrading it to 7.0

BAZINGA!

Yes you need to buy the upgrade license but then i suggest you to buy the 9.0 upgrade license as 9.0 has even more new features.

BAZINGA!

Problem is 9.0 upgrade license also not accepting..

What do you mean not accepting?

BAZINGA!

Even Manager Application show License state is Valid, I cannot dial any intercom call, even i cannot log in to system status aplication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back