Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"No licence on this machine": reinstalled '97 (did have 2000). 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindavey

Programmer
Jan 2, 2000
GB
Please help, <br><br>I have uninstalled Office 2000, and re-installed Office 97.<br>Now when I try to launch Access I get the error:<br><br>&quot;No licence on this machine.&quot;<br><br>Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I was faced with the same problem a couple of months ago and nothing I tried worked.&nbsp;&nbsp;Believe it or not, I ended up re-installing the operating system and all other software!!!

This is a common problem when working with multiple versions. Run a search in this forum on &quot;multiple versions&quot; and see the thread titled &quot;Problems Related to Converting to Access 2000&quot; to find links to more precise answers, and other related info that might be useful to you.

I think this has something to do with the Hatten.ttf font.&nbsp;&nbsp;Rename the hatten.ttf font (C:\Windows\Fonts or do a search for hatten.ttf) and rename it.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Reinstall Access 97.<br>Change the name of the hatten.ttf font back to its orignal name.<br><br>If you have 2000 on your machine and you want to install 97, then you have to rename the hatten.ttf file and rename the MSaccess.exe file before installing 97.<br><br>HTH,<br><br>Kevin

Hi,<br><br>If you go Microsoft's knowledge base, there are a few articles on getting Access 97 and 2000 to work on the same machine:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Q241141, Q218861, Q141275 ,Q220914, Q220885, and Q235280.<br><br>Mike

This is actually a problem that I have encountered a few times. There is a simple utility to download from the Microsoft support site to fix the problem without you having to reinstall everything.<br><br>Just got to <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> select Access 97 as the product and search on the phrase that appears in the error message you get.<br><br>Hope this helps<br><br>Rob

Yes, it is true, there is a fix on the MS site, and it does involve the hatten.ttf font which <br>you have to move our of the fonts directory and rename.&nbsp;&nbsp;Office looks for this font to see if a previous version was installed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hence the license message.<br><br>The hard part about the fix is that you have to rename the hatten font. and then the <br>msaccess.exe then re-install office then name msaccess.exe back. Folowing the Microsoft directions it took several tries to get them to co-exist.<br><br>I can be done.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back