Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No interfaces show up to be configured when I try to set up a 2600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2000
US
We had a power outage and we thought we lost the flash on our router because when it would start up an error messge would come up stating that the flash could not be located.

We tried to reinstall the flash several times with no luck. We then reseated the flash and now when the router boots up it will go to the setup program however no interfaces show up to be configured. It is a 2600 with two ethernet interfaces and even when I type in any "show" command (run, start, or interface) that should show the interfaces they do not show up.

type sh diag this will look at the serial interfaces . If it is not there reload and try again, however it seems that
you may have some severe damage there . Good Luck !!

the problem lies in your config registers. power reset your router so that that it starts to go through a setup but prevent it from going through by pressing ALT-B which is a break, then type at rmon prompt: confreg 0x2102 then press I then reload when your router starts it will go through setup and please enter config setup and enable your interfaces and save the configuation.when you are through be sure you go to global config and type in config-register 0x2142 then reload router (you may need to go int config to place no shut on your interfaces). good luck this should help....Obewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back