Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No 'Install New Font' Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

alv7ter

Technical User
Aug 8, 2001
NZ
In my fonts folder I dont have the option to 'install new font', it just looks like any other folder. If I copy a font into the folder then it wont appear in any of my applications. I have had this on W2k and NT, any ideas?
AL

Right-click on the "Fonts" folder in Control panel, then choose "explore".

Once the window opens, go to "File", then "Install New Font".

Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

This option will never be enabled if the fonts folder does not have the correct attributes. It must be read-only. Under Win 9x it also had to have the SYSTEM attribute set.

Sorry guys, I tried both these and you cant change the properties of the fonts folder nor will it allow me to install new fonts from explorer. Anything else?

Are you an administrator on your machine? If you are it should be under "File\Install new font..." when browsing using "My Computer" ?! Heath
Principal Systems Engineer
Desktop and Mobile Platforms

Yep I have admin right on my local machine but the 'install new font' isn't even there to click (not even greyed out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back