Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No incoming emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordmathos

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2005
GB
Hi there I have recently set up an exchange 2003 server. Outgoing emails work fine but incoming emails will not be elivered.

I have this NDR message from an external account

"This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator.
<local #4.3.2>
"

and I have used smtpdiag and returns this error

"Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10061"

I have also tried telnet and it returns

"could not connect to the host, on port 25: connection failed"

Can anyone help as this is quite urgent.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Just setup a 2003 server? You're a bit behind....

Port forwarding is not/incorrectly configured at the firewall.

or

The server is listening on another port.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

The firewall is forwarding the correct port (25) and the server is listening on port 25.

Really confused

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

MX record or NAT setup incorrectly?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

yeah the mx record is working fine on the internet. nat is working fine as well as owa is accessible and sharepoint is accessible on another server.

Perimeter firewall or local machine firewall blocking incoming mail

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

internal firewall is turned off and the external firewall logs report that it is forwarding the emails ok.

Is the domain configured in a recipient policy, and has the RUS stamped the accounts with SMTP addresses?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back