Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No IIS access

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmanyoung

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I can't get to my webpage and OWA from the internet. It stop working last week and I though it was my ISP having issues. Is there anyway to check if IIS can see the internet? I am recieving mail on my exchange 2003 server and can see the internet from my network. I'm running server2k3. TIA

Newman

Could be loads of things.

Firewall changed?

DNS Server?

Port number change?

Try connecting to the ip address rather than the DNS site name first I think.

Dazed and confused

Tried connecting thru IP and still no luck. I can send and receive mail to my exchange server, but no web page? I can't get to any shares or my OWA from the internet. DNSstuff shows my domain name is still resolving to IP (nyoung.net = 64.142.6.100). TIA

Newman

Have you checked your web extensions are enabled?
I think Webdav needs to be allowed for standard html.

Have you checked your firewall settings?

The site is set to 'on' in IIS I assume?

What error message do you get on your browser when you try to access the site via a browser?

Dazed and confused

Everything was working 2 weeks ago. Nothing changed on my server end. Firewall is open for normal IIS. DSL provider says the line is clean and they are able to see my router. When I type my domain name or IP from outside my network, I get the "cannot display webpage" page. Internally I can get to my IIS server and webpages.

Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back