Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No IE in Add/Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2002
US
There is no Internet Explorer in the Add/Remove programs on my PC but a couple coworkers do have it. What determines if it shows up or not?

It doesnt show up usually until it has been updated as in IE5.0 upgraded to IE5.5 or 6

we(I)did. I upgraded to IE6 SP1 but it doesn't show up in my Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. I thought maybe there was a 'Hide' setting or some such thing in Regedit but couldn't find anything I wanted to play with and make things worse.

check the add/remove windows component in the control panel and add and remove progams. you can see this name or icon. check it there if the IE is included

yes I have it in my Add Windows Components Window but not everyone else who's missing it in the Add/Remove programs section does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back