Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Host Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamon

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
DE
Hi,

anytime i installed a Node on a SP, i had no Host response if i call 'spmon -d'. Why and how can i fix it without a reboot?

Thx in advance...

This measn the node is fenced and is not using the switch . Eunfence it to make host respond to yes
i.e. eunfence (node number)

HTH

@DSMARWAY

There is no Switch in use. I got some 'non SP Frames', i.e. S80, 6H1, 6M1 ...

Diamon

Diamon,

Have a look to see if you're hardmon process is running on the cws. This seems to be the first thing checked on an spmon -d.

Do you get any output from the command or is just the one node acting up. Also, make sure the serials from the cws are connected to the nodes correctly.

mgosling,

Hardmon seems like running well 'cause all other Node's show Host respond = yes, but the 2 new ones don't. A refresh of Hardmon and other Subsystems like hats, hags and so on, didn't fix the Problem. Or do i have to refresh them in a especial order?

Diamon

there is a host responds and a switch responds. if you have no host responds check to make sure all of your subsystems are running on your node. run `lssrc -a | grep ha` and then start them if they are not running by issuing `startsrc -g "subsystem"`.

If the SP Nodes have been added make absolutely sure that the adapter info is correct on the Control Workstation, as this could also be the problem, especially when booting via NIM

You need to check by running the following commands

On CWS

splstdata -a -l XXXXX node number (checks adapter info)
splstdata -n -l XXXXX node number (checks node info)
splstdata -b -l XXXXX node number (checks bootinfo)

Check /var/ha/log/hags. for any errors

Affected Nodes
Then goto the afected nodes and check if hags is running and also the errpt to see if the software is having problems. If software is OK you could run the command
syspar_ctrl -r (this refreshes the daemons) or
syspar_ctrl -D (this deleted the SP daemons) then
syspar_ctrl -A (this rebuilds the SP daemons)
One you have done this then go back to the CWS and refresh the daemons by runnings

syspar_ctrl -r
Try this !

After deleting and rebuilding the ha daemons on the nodes and refreshing them on the CWS all is running fine now. So refresh only didn't work... Thank you all guys...

Diamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back