Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO hand mouseover button

Status
Not open for further replies.

willbo

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
im trying to find a way to have a button mouseover, but without the cursor changing to a hand.. is there any new good way of getting rid of it in Flash 5?????
HELP!
[sig][/sig]

Its very easy to get hand sign for a button.

1. First of all check it out whether it is button or not?
2. If it is a button you can get the hand sign after switching on the enable simple buttons command in your controls dropdown menu. Otherwise while testing the scene or
movie you get the hand sign definitely.

prakash (pryka@rediffmail.com) [sig][/sig]

prak im trying to get RID of the hand when i mouseover a btn. just want it to stay an arrow, cause there is no clickable option over the btn, just a rollover event.

The only solution that i can suggest here is to use the mouse hide option in Flash 5. This will get RID of the mouse all together. Use the ROLLOVER mouse event with the OBJECT/MOUSE/HIDE action and then you can create a small movie clip inside the button with a mouse follower and create your own mouse pointer that will be dragged inside the button. Use the ROLLOUT with OBJECT/MOUSE/SHOW so when the mouse is not over the button, it will be normal.

If you need more info, email me.

[sig]<p>Fernando Regueiro<br><a href=mailto:ferhelping@yahoo.com>ferhelping@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back