Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Group Header Prints After Page One of Subreport Although Repeat Group Header Turned ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleewms

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm working in Crystal Reports 2013.

I have a subreport which is placed in the GF1 section of my main report. I'm using the subreport's GH1 section as a page header and 'Repeat Group Headers on Each Page' is selected in both the subreport and the main report. If the subreport spans more than one page, I want the subreport's group heading to repeat on pages 2, 3, 4 etc. However, the subreport data prints completely, but the subreport header information only prints on the first page.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
D. Lee

1) Crystal will only print the repeated GH when there is at least one detail to print on the subsequent page. If the page just has the GF then the GH won't repeat to that page.
2) Make sure you have this option checked in the subreport, and in the correct group.
3) Make sure there is no suppress condition to counteract the setting.

I can't think of any other reason why this would not repeat.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the response.

Indeed the issue was identified with your first bullet. There was no data in the subreport's detail section. The data was in the subreport's group footer section.

I have resolved the issue by moving the subreport's GF1 fields to the RF and breaking the report footer into two sections with the option checked to start new page after RFa. When RFb prints on the new page, it includes the text fields from the GH.

So far it's working.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back