Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No GD support in Windows PHP 5.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaundroMat

Programmer
Dec 2, 2003
BE
I have cleaned up my old PHP installations on my Windows XP machine, and installed the latest PHP version (PHP 5.1.4) on it. I first used the automatic installer, but it seemed impossible to enable the bundled GD support (although the only thing that had to be done was to uncomment the relevant extension in the php.ini file).

I then tried to manually install it all, and although eveything works fine, there's still no GD support. The docs all say that you shouldn't search for the GD library (the GD homepage even says you shouldn't download the libs as they won't work anyway), because support is bundled in the php package itself.

Only it isn't. phpinfo() shows no trace of GD; and a simple gd_info() results in an error: undefined function.

Thanks in advance..

open php.ini
uncomment the line
Code:
extension=php_gd2.dll

(assuming you are using sapi): restart your web server.

Hi, thanks for replying. I did uncomment that line already (see my 1st post). I've even rebooted in order to make it all work, but to no avail...

I'm using Abyss Web Server by the way (which never posed any problems).

Update: I've just checked the logs of my webserver, and apparently php is looking for the library.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './php_gd2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

Now.. I thought that lib was bundled (ie no .dll was needed)?

Aargh!

Ofcourse. The extension directory was wrongly labeled in php.ini! (PHP was looking in the current dir instead of ./ext/).

/slaps forehead and wanders off, mumbling to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back