Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No free voice mail pro Licenses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartguy7

Technical User
Dec 18, 2011
NG
We have a voice mail pro having licenses for 4 channels.We noticed that this solution can only support four concurrent incoming calls at a time and the fifth caller gets disconnected.I need callers to be able to listen to announcement and press DTMF digits from their mobile phone to be routed to seated agents.Can i route this calls to hunt group directly if i am not ready to buy any additional licenses for now ?. I am searching for an easy way out and will appreciate your suggestions.

whats using all your 4 VM Pro channels then? Voice Recording? If you need callers to listen to an announcement and all VM channels are full, then you need more.

what yon can do is make sure you have a hunt group with the SAME name as your VM Node name, and any calls will drop to that groups. Just let them ring on there, at least they wont get an engaged signal. Set up a timer on a virtual user to route the calls back into VM Pro, and that way chances are they will then get the announcement once VM channels are free by that time.

Ive never tried it, but in your situation, thats what I might do if the customer cant buy any more VM channels.

Also have a look in SSA and see the number of congestion counts there are for VM

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Yes we have cscm recording too_On system status i am getting two alarms with more than 300 occurrences :

(1)The following system resources are all in use: Voicemail channels

(2)the following licenses are all in use.License type: preferred Edition (Voicemail pro).

Hi.

I have seen the same problem on a Windows 2003 server. I was because Microsoft used the same ports as the voicemail pro.
We found out that we could restart the DNS server to get som new ports, the it worked until the next time the server was restarted and the server used the ports.
To solve the problem we had to blok the ports from the DNS.

Hope it can help you

DNS has nothing to do with this.
If your ICR points to a VM Module as target then set the Agent group as fall back destination, if all VM ports are in use then the calls will route to the agent group.
Alternatively you could route all calls to a empty group with queuing enabled, VM enabled and announcements off, set the start point of this group to goto your module.
Then callers will be held in the queue until a VM port gets free.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Thanks you all for the helpful comments.It worked !!!!.

You could set set the call recording to 50% instead of always on.
This will give you some more free channels.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back