Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Free Lines BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeSMJ

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2004
US
Hi,

I have been trying to troubleshoot a "No Free Lines" situation for a user to no avail. I am running a BCM 400 4.0 system with a PRI with 12 IP Trunks connected to another BCM 400 4.0 system in another site.

Everything was working just fine but the receptionist (T7316E with 2 KIMs) mentioned that having only 2 intercom lines wasn't enough due to an increased call volume.

I added 2 more ring only appearances on her telephone under lines and kicked up her I/C keys to 4 (from 2). After no complaints for a few days, she mentioned that she would get "No Free Lines" when trying to transfer incoming calls to the appropriate extension. I know am I missing something here... I just can't figure out what.

I check the BCM monitor and there are plenty of PRI channels and IP trunks to use... one weird thing tho is that the PRI lines in the monitor don't match what is set in the BCM... the monitor shows 23 lines numbered from 1-9, 61-67, 77-83 while the Element Manager shows the PRI using lines 61-83.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... for now I reverted her back to 2 I/C buttons. I also took the time to patch both BCMs to the latest patches just in case it was a software issue.

Sort of sounds like lines 68 to 76 are not provisioned therefore not using all 23 channels? Just a thought.

As for reception layout why not give 5 or 6 intercom keys and not show any appearances and see if that helps.
So all calls come in on the intercoms.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for the reply.

At first I thought we were maxing out the PRI but after watching the monitor when the No Free Lines message appears, there still many lines available for use... in fact it just happened a few minutes ago and only 2 lines were being used. So strange.

If I set up 4 Ring only lines and setup 5-6 I/C buttons, what exactly happens? Sorry for being so confused but the documentation confused me a bit regarding the allocation of I/C buttons and Ring only lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back