Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Free Channels

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
I have two analogue Line, both are out of service but I keep receiving alerts No free channels were available on either Outgoing group ID: 1 or ID:2.
There are phone numbers associated with these groups but the system was setup by someone else so I don't know why they are even on the system.

Why would I receive alerts for a line that is out of service?

Thanks
Charles

Something is attempting to use those IDs would be my guess. I would check you ARS and short codes.

I have two analogue Line, both are out of service but I keep receiving alerts No free channels were available on either Outgoing group ID: 1 or ID:2.
There are phone numbers associated with these groups but the system was setup by someone else so I don't know why they are even on the system.

Why would I receive alerts for a line that is out of service?

Thanks
Charles
Even though the trunks are set to OOS, I belive the system will still try to select them for an outgoing call if they are in group 1. Make sure the line group for each line is set to 0 or some other number not used in the dial plan.

you should delete the system short code/ ARS/user short code/ user rights short code that is using those line's IDs for outgoing calls to stop this alarm.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back