Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Free Channels Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupra20v

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
GB
I seem to be getting a couple of occurrences each day every other day of the above alarm, and i would appreciate some help in interpeting it / narrowing it down, having had 2 occurrences today in the last couple of hours.

The site has a Pri30 with 8 channels, Under SSA system digital trunk tab i can see the first 5 channels with time in state of mins, and the last 3 channels with time in state of days, which if I understand correctly means we havent gone above 5 channels for the last 3 days, which suggests a not running out of channels problem?

Under Alarms, TRunks, no errors are recorded under the 24 hour performance history.

The system hasnt rebooted since last week under the main alarm tab either.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

is the trunk line set to only 8 channels? if not, then dialling out might be selecting the 9th channel for example.

Under line, I have 8 channels set.

TIA

okay, then you will need to check that all lines are active.

give each channel a unique number, in settings, and see can you access this channel using the buttons on the phone.

simple test after that is busy up all lines in succession and see if you can replicate the fault.

TT, ok i will give that a try when im on site next.

Quick question under line subtype this is currently set to ETSI, Line signalling is CPE,CRC checking is ticked is this correct for UK/BT pri? I ask just as i notice alot of mention of Qsig in monitor traces.

etsi is correct, line signalling at cpe is set at provider level as is the CRC checking. I usually request both as you have decribed but sometimes CRC is not on and causes issues.

qsig is networking a pbx using the pri card as a link. you change the etsi to qsig.

does your customer complain that when they dial they get error messages, e.g. waiting for line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back