Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No folder options!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMilnes

Technical User
Apr 14, 2000
GB
Visit site
I'm using Windows 98 SE and for the life of me I can't find Folder Options anywhere. It should be in View in My Computer or Windows Explorer, but it isn't. It could've been moved to Control Panel (as in Windows Me), but it hasn't.

Where on earth can it be?

Any help gratefully received.

Paul

Have you tried start button/settings/folder options? Another way is to right-click the desktop, go to 'properties', select the 'web' tab and the folder options button should be visible near the bottom of the box. My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my knowledge. Andy.

Thanks for that, Andy. Actually, a colleague here found the 'web' location.

We think it's there because of something to do with Active Desktop, although it might be nice if Microsoft, instead of just saying 'select Folder Options' and leaving you to it, said what to do if it's not there!

We live in hope...

Thanks again.

Regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back