Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No export with Adobe Premiere 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz995

Technical User
Jan 13, 2002
US
I am running Windows 98 with a Sony TRV-30. When I export, either nothing happens (although camera turns on and attempts to record) or the computer freezes, but I have never had any film export at all.

I have a Belkin firewire card and a good machine. I read somewhere that Win98 doesn't support exporting. Import is very nice, smooth and no trouble at all.

Sorry, I don't have the solution for you, but I can tell you that I'm running Windows 2000 Professional and I have the same problem so I don't think it lies with Windows 98 (although I would advise you to upgrade anyway).

Are you able to preview Premiere projects on your DVC? My Panasonic NVDS5 altogether refuses to either preview projects or record timelines. In fact, if I attempt to preview timelines with the camera online, the system hangs until I turn the camera off or disconnect it.

No, I cannot view anything at all on my camera. I have the options selected to enable viewing there, but nothing seems to work. My system does the same while my camera is connected, sometimes I can go through the motions as if the clip was being transferred, but it is choppy and slow and nothing actually ends up on my camera although it starts and stops recording by itself.

Good news Lars

I finally succeeded in getting my DVC to preview and export projects. It had EVERYTHING to do with the project settings. I found my capture settings were conflicting with my preview and export settings. The settings viewer is an excellent tool to correct this, but you have to go through all your clips and make sure all the settings are the same.

I found the easiest way to do this was (in the settings viewer) to start with capture settings...check the settings...click next...which takes you to video settings...make sure it's the same...click next...which (I think) takes you to audio settings...and make sure it's set to the frequency your camera samples at...and so on and so on until the problem goes away.

No strokes of genius I'm afraid, just a simple process of elimination (and a good three hours of fiddling).

But your problem sounds the same as mine so hopefully it'll sort it out. Given the experience I NOW have I don't think it's a problem with either your camera or your system, so don't worry about that. Just check the project settings.

In my case the camera was capturing in PAL, and Premiere was trying to preview in NTSC. Obviously, it didn't work.

Also check scratch dick / device control. Make sure it's set for your camera and not a generic device (I'm not sure if this matters much, but I think it's worth doing anyway).

one more thing. Once your camera is previewing ok, you'll find if you print to video it just plays it back on the DV. Rather select export to tape and then select "Start Recording Deck" then it will go off automatically.

Good luck, I hope this helps (or at least gives you a glimmer hope, I know how frustrating it can be).

Have a look at my FAQ on exporting. This solved my problems within W2000. Also check with Sony whether your camera is DV enabled as many aren't to avoid import duties!

Also, if your capture card is not OHCI-certified, it may or may not work correctly with Premiere 6.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back