Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Events 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
After we reapplied the services pack 3 for Windows and Exchange SP 3 the server is not spitting any events. The Screen is blank.Could someone tell me what is the reason for this. Should I reapply the Service pack again. Thanks

I would probably un-install the sp, check the events, and then think about re-installing.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box."

I've seen this happen once to one of our 2k servers. The event viewer looked blank, but you could still click on events there. It was as if they were invisible. What I did was save the log file, then clear events. After that, new events started popping back up.

Yes it Works

Thanks

jasvic, here you go. A star for you. I've seen similar problems when AD told me that an account already existed. Seems like MS likes to play magician.
[2thumbsup]

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back