Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No DTMF from IP sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtierney

Vendor
Sep 29, 2003
US
We have an MAS/MSS R2 SP3 w/ T-1 QSIG integration on S8700. The MAS lost the dialogic board this AM and a shutdown/reboot brought it back. Since then, IP sets calling the vm hunt group (4199) cannot pass DTMF (so no passwords et al). They are passing AUDIO, so they can call and leave messages (but they cannot press # to bypass the greeting, etc)

HOWEVER, they CAN call the DID (9, xxx-4199) for the hunt group and get the MAS auto attendant, dial #, then their mailbox, password, etc. No problems w/ DTMF.

Analog and digital phones on the PBX do NOT have this problem. They are running w/ full integration.

I do have an AVAYA ticket open and they are pointing to the PBX/Network. Nothing has changed there, however.

Any thoughts?

JT

This definitely sounds like a problem with the switch, possibly in the IP network codecs or regions. Or it could be on the trunk group to the MM, possibly path replacement. I would start comparing the switch with the config notes. As digital/analog/external calls are not affected, the MM is fine.

SOLUTION: Sad but true story.

After struggling w/ it remotely for hrs yesterday. I was able to get up there this AM (long drive) and physically reset the TN464GP board. Worked like a champ.

"There's a time to think, and a time for action. . .and this is no time to think!"

-Homer Simpson et al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back