Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No drill down on last group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJD500

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
CA
Hi,

I need to suppress drill down on the last group in my report and I don't know how? Can someone help?

The reason I am grouping the last group is because I want to show a count for this group within the previous group.

GH 1 Service
GH 2 Category
GH 3 Item

if I show Item in details, it will display each record over. I know I can do suppress if duplicate, but how do I get a total count for the item to display.

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks

Jocelyne

If you want to suppress items in a group, you can do this with a suppression formula. Test the group item for being equal to the maximum for that group, for instance (you can get maximum as a summary total).

It helps to give your Crystal version, since newer versions have extra options, and some extra problems. I use Crystal 8.5.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Drill down isn't set on groups but on sections, so if you don't want the report to drill into a section then suppress it.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Hi Gary, I did suppress the detailed section but that last group still drills down into an empty page.

I will try madawc's solution.

Thank you

Jocelyne

if you place a blank text box over the group name field, the user will not be able to drill down form that group.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Hi Gary,

That works well if you are viewing the report with actx but if you view with dhtml or html_frame, it ignores the text box.

Thank you for solution.

I still haven't tried madawc's solution and will need to use this one for reports being viewed with dhtml.

Thanks again

Jocelyne

Hi,

I can't figure out how to implement Madawc's solution above and Gary's solution works only when I use the actx viewer for some reason...but this is what I have in my detailed section right now and I'm wondering if someone has an idea on how I can suppress the numbers of the running total column that are NOT the maximum for each item.

Example:

Detailed Section
Running total
Kyberpass 1
Firewal 1

I suppressed the extra items Kyberpass and firewall by suppressing if duplicate but now I need to show the maximum running total for each item so I get

Kyberpass 3
Prod Firewall 2

Grouping is the best way but in my case, I don't want clients to drill down into empty pages. Gary's solution putting text box over groupname works only if I view the report with actx. When viewing with dhtml, it still drill down into empty page.

Does anyone know how to show ONLY the maximum running total for each item in a detailed section?

Thanks

Jocelyne

you could try using the Next() Function to suppress the unwanted details i.e.

//Suppress formula

If not OnLastRecords then
If {Table.Field} = Next({Table.Field}) Then
True

{Table.Field} is the Kyberpass / Firewall data field.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Hi Gary,

That works wonderful BUT now I can't sort by the total because of the Next function I am using. If I sort by the total, it won't work.

But so far I have 2 solutions, I can either use the actx viewer an not use the dhtml viewer or I can use the next function but not be able to sort by the total. If by any chance you know how I could sort by the total, by all means I'm listening.

Thanks for your help

Jocelyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back