Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Document Root!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ababurko

Technical User
Jul 10, 2004
US
I am having major difficulties with apache 2.0.4 on redhat9.

I cannot seem to add virtual hosts to my server as well as when I make a change to the doc root of the main server, nothing happens. Right now, there is a place holder page but I cannot find it. I go to the doc root of the server and there is nothing there. I reinstalled apache from a port and when I change the the doc root and restart the server, the same place holder is there! This is really weird. I just need to set up one server right now and I do not have a doc root!

I am not sure what I can do here. PLease help.

ababurko,

First, you should read the instructions at and
Your "placeholder page" should be in the directory specified by the DocumentRoot directive in your httpd.conf, or /usr/local/apache/htdocs if DocumentRoot is not specified.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Also....
1) check the permissions on the directory and files in your docroot. That has come around and bite me a time or two.

2) look at your error log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back