Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No display when trying to start the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin911

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
CA
I made a new computer with new motherboard, cpu, memory and graphic card received all the part for it and installed it. When booting i get nothing on display the computer doesnt make any beep when booting. I double check to make sure the CPU and memory was installed correctly and the graphic card.

Any idea on what could it be ?

Thanks

Martin,

Make sure in your BIOS setting you are telling the computer to use the Graphics card and the not the built in video on the mobo.

~Ron

cout << "If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make sure you get taken";

As well as that, AGP cards especially new ones are extremely picky about being seated well so push down firmly and the latest graphic cards require you to hook them up to the psu as well have you done that?

No i will have to look at that when i get to my office.
Will let you know if this fix the problem.

For the bios setting well there isnt any graphic card onboard. The screen is black and nothing show up. The sound of the pc seems like its booting normally. It might be the graphic card then that i didnt hook up to the psu.

One thing that i find weird is the fan of the video card is working so i tought i woudnt need to connect it to the psu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back