Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No display on a newly built pc 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundunni

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2007
GB
Hi Gurus,
I have built a new PC with the motherboard GA-MA770-DS3. I am using Inno 3D 9400GT graphics card. The problem is I am not getting the display. It gives one long beep and 2 short beep. As per the manual, it is a problem with graphics card or the monitor. Monitor is fine.

Do I need to replace the Graphics card? or there is work around?

Make sure the card is firmly seated into the PCI-E slot. If it requires additional power, make sure the power connector from the PSU is also firmly connected to it.

Is there anyway to text the card in another computer just to rule out any possible card problems?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Are you using the VGA or DVI connector on the card? From the pictures I can see of the card itself it doesn't have any power sockets so I would put it down to either the vga or dvi socket being used.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Let us establish this first...

is this a homebuild or bought fully assembled, and if fully assembled do you still have warranty?

if the warranty is still in effect (fully assembled) then take it to the place purchased and have them fix it...

if it is a home build, then try another gfx card as it sounds like the card is either under powered or damaged (ESD discharge e.g.), and by using another gfx card could rule out many other problem areas...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Sounds like the graphics card is just bad - or not properly seated. Try reseating the card as already suggested, and then if that doesn't work, assuming it is new as well as the board, send it back for replacement.

If it's not new, and you still have access to the computer it was in before, try putting it in that computer to make sure it's the card and not your new motherboard.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thanks for your advise. This is a home built PC..I have tried both DVI and VGA. Didn't help
Tried resetting the CMOS.. - No difference.
Now I have sent this card for replacement. I am getting temporary card from one of my friend by this Friday.That is 8600GT. Hope that is going to work.

keep us updated...

Ben

Put the 8600GT card in. It worked.....
Thanks a lot for your help.

Glad you got it up and running, and for posting back what fixed it...

Ben

In time for Christmas....great

On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar and sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back