Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Dial Tone or Ring to Outside Calls but system is otherwise working

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeMonkey

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2007
US
I have a Nortel Meridian 1 switch. We have analog and digital sets. Last week I had a situation where there was NO DIAL TONE on any of the phones. Outside callers receive NO RING FEEDBACK when calling. All else seems to be working. I can dial out with no problem. Incoming calls do cause our phones to ring and we can answer. At that time I powered down the entire system and brought it back up. This appeared to fix whatever was wrong.

Today I have received the same report. Which card(s) would be the likely candidate for this type of situation?

Thanks for your continued support.

What type of switch and that release, is it IGS or FIJI (InterGroupNetwork) you could check you PerSig/DigiToneReceivers packs and do you see any Alarms as a reference ?

Cheers!!

I have a Nortel Meridian I option 11C switch. When I checked the system this morning, I found the CONF/TDS lights lit red. This is a NT8D17FA - Rise 04 card. The ENB/DIS switch was in the ENB position. After I power cycled the system the lights were off and the system appeared stable and operating. I do have a backup card which I will install the next time this occurs.

That is where all that comes from ring back, dial tone, busy tone

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

PERRYPJ,

Thanks for confirming my diagnosis. I will keep the spare card handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back