Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No dial-tone for Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI modem. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi... I seem to be having a similar problem to many others in here, and I hope someone can help me. I have a Compaq Presario 5050, and my Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI modem is working (after MUCH troubleshooting) but is not giving a dial tone. We have noticed that it is listed as being on COM2, and COM1 is reading as empty. We have tried to get into BIOS (I have upgraded to Win ME from 98) and it will NOT let us get into BIOS. So we don't know what to do. I myself do not know a whole lot about this kind of thing, so please put it in basic terms, please. :)

Angela

The best fix for a Compaq HCF is Softpaq 8897. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Remove the checkmark from WAIT FOR DIAL TONE BEFORE DIALING. You can find it in Start-Settings-Control panel-Modems-Properties-Connection.

I have upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP, my fax/modem/audio board does not work. I have downloaded drivers for the XP environment but there is no dialtone when attempting to get online. I am thinking that the modem has gone bad and want to replace it with a comparable modem. The current modem is a combination fax/modem/audio board and is the original supplied with my HP Pavilion 8570C desk top computer. Need help on selecting the appropriate modem. HP has a part number for it D7427-69001. Help!!!

I have exact modem/sound card on a 4535 model (hp part # is d7427-69001)..

when i installed xp fresh, it didn't install the pci simple communication and msft rep tells me based on HP claim, this unit can not be upgraded to XP. (they don't support it)..

Now sometimes the PCI simple comm entry off device/mgr goes away as it's configured fine. so i am also looking for modem drive... I see a certain patch for it, but didn't work for my PC

Greetings,..I'm a newbie here...I have almost the same problem with Angela (Tarazed). I'm using a Rockwell HCF 56K Speaker/Fax modem. I unchecked the WAIT FOR DIAL TONE BEFORE DIALING in Start-Settings-Control panel-Modems-Properties-Connection and it only dials the number but no dial tone from the phone line. When I go to Start-Settings-Control Panel-Modems-Diagnostics and click on More info this is what I get:
ATI1 255
ATI2 Ok
ATI3 2.1.2.135
ATI4 Rockwell HCF Data Fax
ATI5 181
ATI6 DP Rev BA
ATI6 V90 SPX RAM Ver 29
ATI6 V90 CTL RAM Ver 29
ATI6 K56Flex SPX RAM Ver 47
ATI6 K56Flex CTL RAN Ver 47
ATI7 255
AT +FCLASS=2 0,1,8,80